Sunday, October 30, 2011

Loreal Haul!

A few weeks ago I at Riteaid and spotted these babies. These are Loreal's Project Runway Limited Edition. This is not the entire collection, theres a few more nail polishes, blushes, and lipsticks. They were running a sale for bogo 1/2 half and if you spent $50 you a $15 reward to use on your next riteaid purchase, as usual I could not resist limited edition a sale and a reward, hell yeah! The nail polishes were $4.95, the blush was $9.95, and the eyeshadow quads were $8.95, these are the regular prices I don't remember what I paid.Let's break it down!
This is Sultry Raven's Gaze. How cute are the wings on the front, anyway I thought I would really like this quad but Im kinda disappointed. They appeared to be all shimmers but the 2 dark colors are matte, dont get me wrong I love matte too but these just lacked pigment. Now the silver on top is way cool( you will see what I mean in the swatch below) and the purple is ok too but not what I was hoping for!
That silver is very metallic in person, trust me. Don't the black and brown shade just look blah!

This ones name is Charming Cockatoo's Gaze. Once again the black was a matte and wasn't very pigmented, and I would have preferred a teal blue color instead of the black with this quad. Besides the ugly black I do like the other 3 colors, the color above the black is very shimmery which I love!  Check out the swatches below!
I am gonna get a better camera I promise cuz these colors look way better in person!

This my favorite, if you know me you already know I love me some bright bright colors! Audacious Amazon's Gaze, is the name, ooh lala! The purple is matte but is way better than the black matte from the other quads, the other 3 shades are shimmery(yay!) I love every color in this quad but the peachy pink color doesnt fit in their for me I would have rather had a bright bubblegum pink, but oh well! Swatches below.
Once again much much better in person, that green and yellow are pretty bright!

Last quad we have is Watchful Owl's Gaze, perfectly named in my opinion! I like this quad but I don't love it, Im not a big brown or neutrals girl but the colors are great, deeply pigmented and the deep brown in the bottom right corner is another matte, guess what I dont like that one either. Hey if your more of a neutrals kinda chick I bet you will love this quad. Swatches below
The bronze color is awesome right? But look at the matte, maybe its just me lol!  That's it for the quads. Now on to the blush.

This is what they call a super blendable blush, the name is Charming Cockatoo's Blush! This the only blush I got cuz I really only use my pretty addictions blush but this caught my eye. Its very light and has some shimmer to it. after blended it looks like a light coral color with a hint of sparkle. Im gonna use this as a cheek highlight instead of a blush. Swatch below.
Ok maybe as a blush too, lol!

These are the nail polishes, there were 2 more but I didn't care for those colors so I didn't grab em. Sorry for the crappy swatches but I didnt have any fake nails to swatch on. Ok, from left to right the colors are
Amazon's Flare, a very bubblegum pink
Cockatoo's Mystery, this looks grey on camera but its kind of a light mauve grey color, so pretty!
Amazon's Flash, straight up gold shimmer which looks pretty good on.
Raven's Strength, my favorite this is a deep bluish black color, a great fall color.
Owl's Night, A deep brown with bronze glitter, this is also a great fall color.
Owl's Lust, love that name as well, this is such a pretty red color kinda reminds me of vampires, this would look great with Raven's Strength.

All in all I'm pretty happy with most of these limited edition Loreal Products, but I didn't care for the matte's they threw in the palettes.

Whats your favorite one?

No comments:

Post a Comment