Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October Birchbox

Let me start by telling you a little bit about Birchbox. Its kinda like a magazine subscription but you can either pay for the whole year which is $110 or by month at only 10 bucks and you have the option to cancel anytime. They will send you a box usually around the 1st week of the month with about 4-5 products that vary depending on the month and your profile info. Then you have the option to buy these products at full price and you receive points from each purchase, then once you get 100( i think) you get $10 to buy anything from the site. You also receive points for giving them your thoughts on each product. Anyway lets get to the good stuff ans see what I got shall we.




 This months theme was Prep & Finish


Each box comes with a card that list each product with their description and the price of the full size item.

AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream
this is their description: A mineral-rich salve that softens and smoothes without any residue. It smells pretty darn fresh too. And this is my opinion: It doesn't smell fresh at all it actually smells like a hospital to me, eew! Although it stinks it does smooth and soften as they say, I put it on about a half hour ago and my hands are still nice and soft. If you can get over the smell its not so bad but its kinda a bit pricey for me. A 3.4 oz tube goes for $20. No thank you!

They also threw in 2 small packets of AHAVA Dermud Foot Cream
There is no description on the card just the name so I'm guessing they just threw this in cuz they ran out of some of the better items, just a guess lol! Each packet contains about enough for a one time use. This does smell somewhat better than the hand cream it smells a little like shea butter. I guess your suppose to put this on before bed with a socks, but I cant stand wearing socks when I sleep so I just put it on without em and theres was no dramatic effect when i woke up my feet felt the same as always. Im assuming you gotta use it more than once to see any results though. I didnt care for the price on this either a 4.2 oz. tube sells for $26. If thats in your budget I say its worth a try.

Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze
Their description: This hydrating primer gives you a flawless foundation for makeup-plus a subtle glow. It works on all skin tone-we tested it! Now my opinion: I am shocked but I actually like it. I'm very pale and was a little intimidated at first cuz i didnt wanna look bronzed like Snooki ,but it gave me a nice sheen to my normal look. A little bit truly does go along way with this, I put a dime sized amount on my hand and it was way way to much you really only need a dab. This isnt too badly priced it retails for $25 for a 2 oz. tube but compared to some other higher end primers out there this is a steal. I would definitely purchase this.

Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave in Conditioner
Their description: This light treatment infuses hair with antioxidants and vitamins, then seals strands to keep moisture in and humidity out. My opinion: I have to be honest I didnt even try it because I have tried their products before and really didnt care for them at all and I think for the full size the price is too much, but that's just my thought. A 6 oz. bottle sells for $18.

Sunday Riley Modern Skincare, Juno Transformative Lipid Serum
Their description: Celebs and models swear by this luxe cocktail of 13 essential oils, which absorbs instantly to replenish, firm, and protect skin.My opinion: first of all I dont know why I was sent this cuz i could never afford it, maybe the celebs and models can but I am neither. This sells for $125 for 30 ml, yeah you read that right 125 bucks are these people crazy! I was sent a 5ml bottle so that's like 20 plus bucks right there, wow! Anyways I gave in and tried it, hell who knows maybe theres some gold in it, ahaha, nope no gold but it did absorb pretty well and gave my skin a nice glow(which they claim it does) but never in a million years would I buy this, all in all at the very least I got to try it without spending a small fortune. And geez isnt that a long ass name Im shocked they fit it on the bottle!

Whomp, Whomp Whomp, yep thats my thought on this months birchbox. I think it was dud, I have had a few really good ones but this is the first where I only liked 1 product. Hopefully Birchbox can kick it up a notch next month and send me things I can actually afford. If your interested in a birchbox head on over to www.birchbox.com and give em a try. Thanks for visiting!

What was in your Birchbox this month, anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment